Tentacle monster

07:06

When thinking about a tentacle monster I originally thought of drawing a squid-like creature but then started to wonder if I could come up with a character that had a bit more personality to it. I then thought of Medusa, with snaked in her hair and wondered if I could use the image of a beautiful woman but turn her into a terrifying tentacle monster, concealed to her victims by her overwhelming beauty.

That's when I cam across the artist, Bobby Chiu, in particular one of his drawings that show a monster confusing it's prey by making them think that it was one of them.

This helped finalise the concept behind my tentacle monster as I came up with a tentacle monster who hides behind the shield of a beautiful woman to lure men away from safety... It's skin can adapt to different colours so that it's tentacles can appear to be parts of the woman's body around the shield and the body behind the shield can blend in with the dark surroundings. I wanted it's belly to be quite plump to show that it gets it's fill! I overlaid a crinkled texture over the skin colour of the tentacle creature to make it look more 'alien'.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Twitter

YouTube Channel