Introduction to Digital Art

15:50

Digital art is something completely new to me, I've always enjoyed doodling on paper before going to bed or to pass the time on boring coach journeys but doing it digitally without the physical pen and paper, without having to constantly rub out my mistakes or even worse, stick with them when drawing in pen, it just didn't feel right!

So before diving in with my digital art projects for Visual Design, I wanted to get used to using my shiny new drawing tablet by doing some of usual doodles on photoshop and simply seeing how they turned out.

After a frustrating first hour of getting used to not having to look down at my pen I was hooked! Digital art is so much simpler than having to draw on paper, ctrl-z makes everything a whole lot easier and quicker by deleting my mistakes in no time at all! I quickly learned how useful drawing on different layers can be when merging outlines with colour and blending in different tones.

Granted, my artwork is certainly not the best there is, not even relatively close! But I really have enjoyed just doodling on photoshop and seeing what I can draw. Using layers and different brush types really opens up the possibilities of what I can create in a much shorter amount of time.

My plan is to draw for fun at least once a week to keep practising these skills and see them progress as well as using it as a nice break from my normal studies. Something productive yet really fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Twitter

YouTube Channel